· Build self-esteem, confidence, and a positive self-worth
· Integrate content learning with hands-on, real world, experiential learning
· Seek to understand local history, appreciate the natural resources of our community, and actively engage in problem-solving and environmental conservation
· Partner with WVU’s Energy Express to build literacy skills through arts, drama, and vocabulary
· Recoup core learning and received targeted intervention specific to each child’s needs
Additionally, students at Webster County High School's Summer SOLE can:
· Earn credits in Physical Education, Health, and Driver’s Ed
· Explore college and career options in WV
· Juniors and Seniors can recover credits from failed courses
Who can attend?
Students entering Pre-K-12th grade are encouraged to attend. A special program called Kinder Camp is available for students entering Pre-K and Kindergarten.
When is Summer SOLE?
The program runs daily Monday-Friday for six weeks. Program dates are Tuesday, June 21st- Friday, July 29th. Sixth graders transitioning to Webster County High School will have a special week-long "transition camp" the last week of the program (July 25th-29th). Summer SOLE teachers will be in contact closer to the start of the program with additional details about all of the activities and events encompassed in the Summer SOLE program.
What is included?
All students will be served free breakfast and lunch. Webster County Schools will provide transportation along main routes to all school locations. Everything you need to participate in the program is included at no cost; all you need to bring is an enthusiastic, ready-to-learn and have fun attitude.
What programs are available?
Glade Elementary- Summer SOLE partnered with Americorps & WVU's Energy Express, KinderCamp (PreK-6th grade)
Hacker Valley Elementary- Summer SOLE (Kindergarten-8th grade)
Webster Springs Elementary-Summer SOLE partnered with Americorps & WVU's Energy Express, KinderCamp (PreK-6th grade)
Webster County High School-Summer SOLE, credit recovery, PE, Health, & Driver's Ed for initial credit (7th-12th grade) *Learn more about how to earn credit for Driver's Ed by scrolling to the bottom of this page.
How do I sign-up?
Register at the link below or snap the QR code to fill out an application.