· Build self-esteem, confidence, and a positive self-worth
· Integrate content learning with hands-on, real world, experiential learning
· Seek to understand local history, appreciate the natural resources of our community, and actively engage in problem-solving and environmental conservation
· Partner with WVU’s Energy Express to build literacy skills through arts, drama, and vocabulary
· Recoup core learning and received targeted intervention specific to each child’s needs
Additionally, students at Webster County High School's Summer SOLE may be able to:
· Earn credits in Physical Education, Health, and Driver’s Ed
· Explore college and career options in WV
· Juniors and Seniors can recover credits from failed courses
Who can attend?
Students entering Pre-K-12th grade are encouraged to attend. A special program called Kinder Camp is available for students entering Pre-K and Kindergarten.
When is Summer SOLE?
The program runs daily Monday-Friday for six weeks. Program dates will be announced as they are finalized; however, it will begin the week of June 19th and end July 28th, 2023.
What is included?
All students will be served free breakfast and lunch. Webster County Schools will provide transportation along main routes to all school locations. Everything you need to participate in the program is included at no cost; all you need to bring is an enthusiastic, ready-to-learn, and have fun attitude.
What programs are available?
Glade Elementary- Summer SOLE & KinderCamp (PreK-6th grade)
Hacker Valley Elementary- Summer SOLE (Kindergarten-8th grade)
Webster Springs Elementary-Summer SOLE partnered with Americorps & WVU's Energy Express, KinderCamp (PreK-6th grade)
Webster County High School-Summer SOLE (7th-12th grade), credit recovery, PE, Health, & Driver's Ed for initial credit (9th-12th grade)